Eating outside is not cheap these days.
Nasi+lauk= minimum is RM5
Drinks=RM2.
Inclusive of breakfast, total round up will make it RM10 per day.
Assuming we work 22days per month (minus the weekends), minimum is RM220.
For my new monthly budget, I just put RM150 for food. (Gee, getting married is no joke. It's all about $$)
A cheapskate I am. I bring my own home made breakfast and don't buy any drink during lunch. (kan Abg?) I drink when I get back to my office. And I have the 5-10mins gap of no drink after eating. (Seriously it's true, my nutrition lecturer, Prof. Suriah said:
No bath or drink after heavy meals will prevent us from getting buncit.
And I practice those tips during my degree years, betul menjadi. You can ask my housemate, I ate a lot and remained having flat tummy. No sit-up or exercise were done during that period of time.
And during DPA, those tips were left undone. And now, excess baggage on my tummy. *sigh*
Anyway, how to save money and still have a full tummy:
1) Bawa bekal which need full commitments to wake up early to prepare for your food.
2) Don't order drinks and bring along your tumbler to the cafe.
Well, Papa has sensitive stomach. He cant eat outside food. So Mama had to prepare his lunch EVERYDAY. Although his office was in Tabung Haji Building, he still hit the road at 6.30am to avoid the jam at Jln Kuching. So Mama had to wake up at 5.30am to cook fresh food or heated what we ate during dinner the previous night.
Eventhough Papa is no longer working, Mama just cant make herself sit doing nothing after her Subuh prayer. She will pack me breakfast. (Sometimes I did it myself.) When she has the time, she will cook yummy nasi goreng or mee goreng or bihun goreng. or most of the time, she packs me wholemeal bread with peanut butter and jelly. Saving me a few bucks per day.
It is what the wives did during those days eh. Woke-up early to prepare breakfast and lunch for the family to save a few bucks and providing good food, settle-up the laundry and hung them to dry before went to work, get the children ready for school, yada, yada, yada... Mama used to do all those things and she even sewed our baju kurung for four girls.
Being a career woman and having the money to have maids and buy everything from the shop making them do less and less work as a wife. Planning of getting married next year, make me think of lots of things. Am I able to do all those things Mama did back then. It may be too early to think about kids but I dont want my kids to spend more time with my maid rather than with me. (IF I have to take a maid. Because Wan doesnt like the idea of having maid. If taknak maid, kene rajin2 buat kerja rumah tau)
~Tak nak jadi housewife. I want to have money on my own. But what is money when you can't give love to your children kan??

Itulah untungkan dok ngan parents, leh berjimat dan ada bnyak benda yg boleh belajar drpd diorang...
ReplyDeleteAku yg bujang ni lagi la, bab makan jer sebulan dalam rm300-400. sebab x penah masak.. semua beli... tambah pulak nafsu makan, Ya Allah! mcm spesies naga!
Tapi, tinggal dengan parents pun, aku bayar extra untuk bahan makan, elektrik and air and total macam tinggal luar. Cuma dapat good food la kat rumah ;)
ReplyDeletealah, i'm married and i still lives wif my parents. i think my parents kena panggil sarah jessica parker macam dalam "failure to launch" tuh so kick me out from the house! hehehe. but hey, i pay for house expenses banyak ok. and you can't really compare now and then yaya, because it's totally different. everybody is very smart nowadays. selagi ada kudrat nih, kerjalah. then once you are done, you are done. you will now when to stop.
ReplyDeleteSame here.. I pay more for the expenses..
ReplyDeleteI'm the only one among my siblings who never went anywhere outside S'gor..Dari lahir sampai la ni, kat umah. Masuk Uni pun balik every weekend. If Wan dont mind, lepas kawin pun nak stay dengan my parents..Ehehehe..
ehehehe.. bagus tu Yaya!
ReplyDeleteBravoo!
Letak le blog aku kt blog list ko..
Cmne ko letak gamba header tu kat blog ko???
ReplyDeletejgn jadi housewife...nanti jadi cam dalam cite desperate housewife =P
ReplyDeleteGi kat customize, pastu klik kat layout, then page element. pastu klik Edit kat bahagian Header. Kat situ mcm2 ko bleh edit, warna dan font header, nak letak gambar ke ape ke
ReplyDeleteapsal semua orang pakai background sama nih? hehehehehe.
ReplyDeleteTgh cube2..
ReplyDeleteJap lagi tukar yg lain pulak..
Ehehehe
zaman la nie memang susah nak cari wife yang buatkan bfast utk husband coz masing2 dah sibuk.. apalagi nak masakkan lunch.. :(
ReplyDeleteHusband tolong buat kerja rumah lain, wife tentu ade masa nak masakkan..
ReplyDeleteNi kain baju, anak, rumah, semua wife nak settlekan, tak kesian ke?
hmm.... berjaya pun ko letak gambar kat header tu... nice!!
ReplyDeleteTapi nape gedabak giler gamba aku tu..Ehehehehe
ReplyDelete