Yeah, 1 Month, 2 Weeks and 3 Days to go and this morning was a disaster. I have finished with my beading project on my nikah dress last night. So happy with the outcome, I decided to wash it before keeping it in the wardrobe. I didn't use any corrosive washing soap, just hair shampoo but I freaked out when I saw the shiny twinkling powdery thing on the surface of the last rinsed water.
I checked on the beads, OMG, OMG, OMG!!! The beads are no longer silvery or gold in colour. Tears falling down the cheeks.. I even pinched my cheeks to see whether I'm dreaming. The 4-month-job flushes down the drain, just like that. It's either the shop is selling fake miyuki beads or the dress was exposed to too much sunlight.
Then I checked on the Miyuki website, there are sooooooooo many type of beads with different durability. Mine must have had the weakest durability.
I told Mr.Joe and he said it's fated and don't be too sad about it. Nothing can be done to undo the whole thing. I said I want to redo the whole thing. He said as long as I'm happy, do it then. Then I replied saying I'm not happy redoing the whole thing. Mr.Joe said back, don't do it if I'm not happy. I continued saying I won't be happy either if I didn't do it because the dress will look shabby. Mr.Joe was confused and he said nothing more. hehe
Anyway, the incident happened today made me think on how I actually wanted him to react on that matter. Then I remember the 1st few chapters of Men Are From Mars and Women Are From Venus when the women actually want to be pitied when they are telling their partners their problems. Women do not want solutions neither do they want a fixing plan.
I want empathy and nurturing when bad things happened to me. I feel loved by the one that cares. I don't mind people saying, "That's so sad, I pity you". "If that ever happened to me..oh, I don't want to think about it." "Here, let me give you a hug". Ok, that's me. But men are totally different. When bad things happened to their friends they would just say, "You'll get through with it" and the next thing is, they are talking about sports.
I just want to lie down. I wish I have my car now and drive to nowhere while listening to the music. I miss my Kenari. I hope Bro Pian is taking good care of her.

I am in the middle reading this "Emotional Intelligence" by Daniel Goleman.
ReplyDeleteIn one of the chapter, there is a study about some people who hardly express their emotion or show empathy to others. why some people seems so aloof and wives send their husband for therapies.
Surprisingly, these kind of people admitted that they are sometimes clueless bout the emotion that strike them on some occasion. and some cannot verbally express their feelings or find any words to describe the emotion . It is like when someone watch a sad movie, then cries and say it is 'awful' though the fact is it's due to the sadness.
Applying to what happen recently, I always cry for unknown reason. perhaps it is sadness, feeling of lost or rejection, but until now it just happen.
Hope Goleman able to more explore on this later.
Yeah, I guess some people have problem expressing the feelings they feel inside. Saying inaccurate words that were misinterpreted.. Which is too bad..
ReplyDeletemen are like that. women may say we are ignorant creatures, but to us, we're simple beings.
ReplyDeleterelax yaya, u still have lots of time. trust me, i've been there :)
Thanx Hadi. I've started on my redoing-all-over-again thing today.. another 2/3 to go..yey!
ReplyDeleteWell, as long as we are willing to learn to understand and to accept that a woman and a man are two different person, that should be good enough for a start eh? :)
i guess, sometimes, i have a boy's mind. especially when i am trying to decide what i feel and being all sensible about it.
ReplyDeletehadi: how can you know how it feels? have you done beadings before???? and it got washed all out and to know that you are about to get married in a month? hahahahaha.
yaya, maybe you can send it to the tailor. so it will be re-done again, and you don't have to do all the work anymore. win-win situation =) but it will cost you though hehe.
Mala, aku ni memang pempuan ngengada sikit. Sian Mr.Joe nak layan ;)
ReplyDeleteIt's ok. I spent the whole day yesterday undo and redo the beadings.
jahit manik sangat mahal kalau nak suruh orang buatkan. Baik buat sendiri ;) Enjoy doing it while watching movie at home.
Wah... ciannye Yaya! Takpe, ade hikmahnya tu. Mana tau itu adalah merupakan satu ujian kecil utk menguji kesabaran dan kekuatan ko sebelum menghadapi alam rumah tangga yang pastinya penuh dengan cabaran.. :) Jgn tension2 k!
ReplyDeletemala, i was referring to the pre-wedding panic attack la. apajadahnya i nak buat beading :P
ReplyDeleteNAz: Thanx. As the date getting nearer each day, I'm started to have this weird feelings which I should block staright away even before it manages to enter my head to process it.
ReplyDeleteHadi: Pe salahnye wat beading. Leh jadi side income ;)