Just arrived home after a 2-day workshop in Lumut. Husband's not at home, he has a team building thing at Raub. We only have a few hours to spend tomorrow before I head off for a 5-day course at INTAN Sabah on Monday. We are seeing each other less and less each month. *Sad*
Anyway, did you know that out of 6400 staff of my department through-out the country, there are only 40PTDs? And my Ketua Pengarah now is the first one from that scheme. I'm honoured to join this department knowing that I have a great person that's leading it. He was the Kedah's SDO director before he was ordered to take the KP's post. We had a 3 hour session with him last night. Oh my, he's damn good at giving talks. We were laughing the whole session.
He kept on saying that every cloud has a silver lining. Every hardship we are going right now will make us stronger and like what we do then the work will automatically be much easier. My dad once said to me this and of course my mom will always say this everytime I come back home whining about work.
4 and 1/2 years ago, I was shocked when I knew I got the post. I was wearing pants to the interview and I was totally not prepared for it. I was actually kinda relax because I already accepted another offer. I attended the interview for the sake of experience with no pressure at all on my shoulders. But mom says, the panel must've seen something in me that day so I must not stopped searching for it and use it for good.
Everyone wants to stay at one place and be that person that everyone refers to. You are honoured and complacent to be the most senior there. Nobody wants to be the new kid that knows nothing. But transferring from one place to another (for my scheme) is actually rather challenging and exciting. You meet new colleagues, new bosses, new subordinates, new clients, new knowledge to learn and different problems to solve therefore you gain new experience.
So I want to like working here and hearing the latest news that we must start packing in December makes me even happier. Yay!

wahhhhhhhh! akan pulang ke putrajaya. hihi. aku rasa patut semua kementerian ada di putrajaya. senang sikit nak gi meeting. bilalah miti nak pindah ni. haha.
ReplyDeleteselain daripada semua kementerian di putrajaya, aku rasa patut ada lebih banyak shopping malls kat situ. i can't believe that i had been to alamanda for the past 4 years now, for almost every month! haha.
Kementerian yang takkan pindah = MITI, MINDEF dan Kementerian Penerangan (yang sekarang menduduki bangunan Sultan Abdul Samad).. Memang aku tak sabar2 nak pindah ni, dekat sangat dengan KBS :)
ReplyDeletePakcik teksi aritu bagitau kitorang, TESCO akan naik kat Presint 8. I hope it's true :)