11 August 2012, marked the day we received the keys to our own house. The process was delayed for so many reasons but in the end, the house is ours now and luckily we didn’t have to pay a cent more for the extended period.
Some of you may have known that we bought a subsale house located in Bandar Baru Bangi. For the price we paid for it, some say we can get a new single storey semi-D, but we stick with our principles that we bought this property because of its established location and the facilities surrounding it (and hopefully it’ll be easier to sell later on when we decided to upgrade our house, In shaa Allah).
And of course, what is subsale if the word renovation doesn’t come along with it. Brought Ma to our house last Thursday and she has these ideas of things we should do to the house. Sought advises from friends who have experiences dealing with renovation and it helps a lot for newbies like us. We are in the midst of doing checklist ranked by priority and we hope the list isn’t growing when the contractor started doing his job and later found those little things which are hidden but extremely important.
At the same time, I really wish that this happened last year; the time when I am not 8 months pregnant and I can actively go here and there running errands excitedly concentrating on the house ONLY.
Ok, the baby just kicked. A little bit angry with that statement maybe.
I am entering 32 weeks and started to walk like a penguin when I am lazy. Husband is really good imitating it. Alhamdulillah, baby and mommy are doing fine. At this stage, the weight gained so far is 7kg and baby is 1.6kg. I look fat because my pre-pregnancy weight was a little bit overweight. 8 weeks to go, I hope I won’t balloon-up successfully.
I did OGTT 2 weeks ago. The moment the doctor asked me to do OGTT, I remembered the taste of warm, extremely sweet glucose mixture which the nutrition lecturer gave us to taste 8 years ago. Luckily, the one I had to go through wasn’t that bad. It was still extremely sweet but tolerable with blackcurrant flavor. The bad thing was, the nurse couldn’t find my vein and I went home with bruises of 5 attempts to get the blood sample.
Baby and the house are on the way. I hope the house can be settled before the delivery (so that I can keep checking on the contractor’s work frequently) but I think it is rather impossible.
2 major things are happening at the same time in our life right now *panic*
Funny when husband is so eager surveying the baby stuff while I on the other hand is so excited about the house.
The conversation at home most of the times went like this:
Me with the laptop: I think nyatoh is quite reasonable for our kitchen cabinet. I don’t like 3G glass, it’s just too shiny but solid pine wood is so classic....
Husband with the tablet: It says here, a good baby carrier is the one that supports the hip and spine therefore the baby's knees must be higher than the hip when he's in the carrier. Erg0 fits the criteria....

8 months already? how time flies! hehehehehe.
ReplyDeleterasa macam baru semalam aku text kau pasal istiadat and whether nak pegi ke tidak hihi.
see, everything is going well and will be well. alhamdulillah. major happy for you, yaya (and wan :d).
love you!
go for SSC! (soft structured-carrier). and Ergo fits u well. harga pun perghhhh menangisss...aku pakai Boba wrap. senang nak basuh. hehehe~
ReplyDeleteMala: Cepatkan dah 8 bulan?
ReplyDeleteThank you dear. Semoga segalanya selamat sehingga ke akhirnya :)
Love you back :)
Niha: Aku serahkan research barang baby kepada Wan. Carrier tu tunggu baby keluar dulu, terus boleh demo dengan baby :)
mcm tu la yaya, rezeki ni kalau ditunggu mmg terasa lambat, tapi ble dah dapat, insyaAllah tak putus2, kita la plak takut terlupa nak bersyukur, huhuhu (peringatan utk diri sendiri juga, hehehe)
ReplyDelete8 bulan tu dah dekat sangat, ble dah start check-up 2 minggu skali, lps tu tiap2 minggu, lg la rasa debarannya... u just take care ya...
boba wrap mmg best, tp aku je tak konfiden nak bli, aku rasa aku ni pendek, mcm lemas je nak mengikat2, sbb tu aku bli baby pouch je, hehehe...
kalau mampu, beli je ape yg terbaik utk baby... missed my baby plak, huhuhu...
and ur pregnant again?? i br tau... congrats yaya :)
ReplyDeleteyaya :
ReplyDeletedh sebulan ko x update blog..
ahaha..
focusing on the baby & the house maybe :)
Zila: Alhamdulillah rezeki :)
ReplyDeleteAku ni cepat berpeluh, boba wrap akan buat aku berpeluh macam dalam sauna. Orang kata first baby boleh invest yang best2, hehe, ye ke? ;)
Baby kau menunggu mommy dia di akhirat nanti, insyaAllah :)
Lady Mira: Yes, the previous one failed. 7 months later, Allah gave us good news. Praying that it'll be good news along the way. InsyaAllah.
Ryo: Mommy is so damn busy doing nothing.. hehehe..