Friday, 12 September 2008

I'm not crazy...

Don't you think it's crazy to travel back and forth to Putrajaya from Selayang? How far is it? 45km? or is it 50km?
To be exact, it is 45km..
The toll is RM3.20 per day and the car needs about RM60-RM70 petrol per week..

No, I don't think it is a crazy idea at all..

I love being at home with Mama and the rest of the family.. Mommy's daughter? Tak boleh berada jauh from your parents? Nak escape bayar rent or laundry?

Seriously, tinggal dengan parents bukan boleh goyang kaki ok.. My house doesn't have a maid which I can command to do all the housechores.. Mama and Papa are not getting younger.. I give more pocket money to them as substitutes for electricity, water, food and rent.. I have curfews which I have to obey ( home before 7pm ).. Weekends, hmmph, tak boleh lah nak bangun lambat sangat sampai pukul 10, 11..

No, I'm not complaining..

Having a mother to kiss and hug every morning before you go to work is priceless.. Having her to pray that you have a safe journey everyday is nonexchangeable..

If I were given a chance to get a salary of RM10K per month but I have to be thousands of miles away from my family, would I accept it?

The answer is a simple NO..

Luxury, wealth and fame are not the things I would die for.. Sure, money is important, I won't deny that but living in modesty is the way I was trained through out my life.. Masa zaman sekolah dulu, I have friends who really go all out to buy branded clothes.. Dia tak la kaya pun, tapi barang-barang die semua branded.

If you can afford it, it's ok lar. Tapi bila benda ni dah jadi main priority in life because you want people to look up on you because of your appearance, then it's all wrong.. Saya dapat merasa pakai barang-barang branded pun mase after SPM. Masa tu kakak2 dah kerja and dapat la pocket money from them every month. Kalau tak, I was only given RM5 per week untuk makan and beli barang2 yang tidak di'approve oleh parents..

Parents too strict?
Masa tu memangla rasa why were my parents macam tu even though they can afford it.
Why made me wear hand-down clothes and use hand-down schoolbags..
Why made me wear my brother's huge t-shirt while everyone was wearing cute2 baby tee.. The questions kept coming and never ended..

When I entered Uni year, I lived with my scholarship money. No more pocket money from my parents.. Mase matrix gile2 study supaya boleh dapat scholarship and tak perlu ambil PTPTipu.. Masa ni lah merasa betapa penting nya duit ni.. If beli unnecessary things, then I'll end up having nothing to buy dinner. Nak minta dengan parents, malu. Jadi, bila dah habis semester and ada duit baki, baru la I lavish myself a bit. Tapi masa tu pulak, dah rasa taknak belanja sebab sayang dengan duit yang simpan tu.

At the end of the day, I learned that my parents were not being tightfisted. They are making me learned from day 1 to know the value of money. Mama selalu cakap, ade duit banyak, simpan, beli property, beli tanah. Beli aset jangan beli liability macam kereta and ayat favourite Mama, "If berlaku ape2, ade tanah boleh bercucuk tanam, tp if ade baju banyak, baju boleh makan?" Ehehehe..

I thank them so much for bringing me up this way. I dont mind at all not wearing a Zara blouse or a Coach handbag or driving my Kenari for the next 10 years..

I don't mind being in an infamous Department or Ministry and hardly meet The Minister or The KS*U, or the K*N never complimented my SLIDE SHOW MARVELOUS (Ehehe, oops) As long as I can do my job well. It may sound very unostentatious, but I love my family and my life more.

4 comments:

  1. Family always come first

    ReplyDelete
  2. teringat kat arwah mak aku bila baca blog ko nie..

    dah setahun dia pergi..

    al-fatihah..

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this entry so much!!
    Kalau le semua org berfikiran mcm Yaya, aman nyer dunia.....

    Thanks Yaya for this entry....

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...