Friday, 13 March 2009

Hate getting sick..

I have realized long ago when I'm not in the great state of health, I will not be in the great state of myself. I'll be easily offended, I'll be super sensitive to all the jokes about me n lastly I'll feel myself as a burden to someone else..

When I was in school, whenever I got sick, Ma will force me to go see the doctor. I hate going to the clinic before and I still hate going to the clinic now. If I refused going to the clinic, then I have to go to school (dengan maksud tersirat nya, I can't pretend being sick and making excuses to skip school). And I always ended up going to school instead eventhough I was not well.

But school is different. If you were sick, you can lie down at the room for sick people and went home when the bell rang. I did that often in order to skip seeing the doctor. The friends will come visit bringing food during recess or in between classes.

In the working world, when you are not well, you have to take MC, meaning I have to see the doctor. Or else, I have to use my yearly leaves which is such a waste. So, I go to work. But I cant work. I feel dizzy, my throat hurts, I'm cold, I have running nose and the palms are sweating..

I know I'm the worse when I'm not well. I think most people are.

I read once in a book, but I can't remember which. 1 of the characters is a very happy girl whom always think good about other people. A positive thinker. Whenever one was being grumpy all the time or one wouldn't smile that day, she always make up excuses for them. "Maybe he has a rough day, maybe she's not well, maybe he just lost his job." It's one of her way not to think bad of others..

I wish people out there were like that including myself..

And I wish I were at home curling myself under the blanket on my comfy bed and drinking hot Milo..

3 comments:

  1. Aku pun x sehat gak. Batuk+selesema+sore throat.. Dua ari lepas gi KK Putrajaya, MA yg cek aku ckap suhu badan aku tinggi-demam. Tp ari ni dh ok sket. Aku x amik MC pun sbb kena keje jugak. Opis xde orang, pegawai2 lain gi bengkel ISO kat Ipoh..jadi kena jugaklah gagahkan diri bekeje..

    Get well soon ya!

    ReplyDelete
  2. aku suka orang yang optimistic, tapi janganlah terlalu optimistic sebab kekadang boleh jadi annoying ah. aku ada member dulu, asik senyum and happy sampaikan kekadang aku rasa, dia kurang sensitif. orang ada masalah besar pun, dia cakap everything will be ok - which doesn't really help lah kan.

    what we need more is empathy, in my humble point of view lah.

    get well soon yaya.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Naz: Thanx =)

    Mala: True. It's quite irritating when you are under stress n this person kept laughing and being all optimistic

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...