Sunday, 13 September 2009

Keperluan dan kehendak

What is it about Malaysians and DSLR camera nowadays? It seems like everyone is using it and it's making my digicamera looks shabby.We went to MidValley a few weeks ago and there was this a bunch of gurls, one of them had a DSLR camera around her neck, pantang duduk, amik gamba. Tau kan amik gamba muka rapat2, sebab takde orang nak tolong ambilkan, mereka ambil gamba sendiri.
My point of view, kalau setakat ambil gamba guna function auto pada DSLR camera, what's the point of having one?

The I-Phone. We went to this Handphone Fair at Taman Melawati. My god, the sellers were all Chinese and the buyers, all of them were Malays, trying to get the best price for an I-Phone. Anyway, a few months ago, I was in my Dept monthly meeting with the officers. Then I heard this monotone ringtone. Seriously I was kinda shock. I thought Pa was the only living soul using a monotone handphone. I was looking for the owner and I was in shock again that a F48 is using a 3310 handphone. It's kinda cute.

I was told by a friend once, we will never be able to chase the latest technology. It's moving too damn fast.

I was talking to one of my colleagues about my plan on purchasing a house and she told me she cant afford to buy one. She told me she only manages to save a few sum on her kids education fund. She may be living at the quarters like forever. I was kind of shock because both husband and wife combined income will come up to RM6K++. Even my clerk, W17 who owns 6 kids manage to buy a small apartment on her own. This colleague of mine kept saying her budget is very tight, but a few weeks ago, she bought a RM1500+ handphone which she doesnt know how to use it, even to change the ringtone.

Everything is about prioritizing your money. I was begging Joe to go Matta fair last week. I want to go to UK or Oz while both my sisters are there. I pleaded, I sulked but he didnt budge at all. It's not that we can't afford it but it's not our main priority right now. We can do a lot with RM6K spent on plane tickets. But he promised that he'll bring me there when we are much more stable financially. And yeah, I was not happy at first but I try not to think about it too much or I'll get dissapointed again.

But last Saturday, we were looking for his phone's housing and battery at the mall, we just ended up buying the battery because the housing was a bit expensive. So we went back, and while I was watching the tv, Joe was patching up his broken housing and said to me that we have save RM100 today while smiling. I felt like crying. He always tries to give the best of what I wanted but put second when it comes to his longing.

To dear husband,
Thank you for being such a wise man.


~I'll be like Warren Buffet from now on.

9 comments:

  1. i totally agree with you
    1. DSLR - kalau stakat nak fotogediks sendiri, digicam biasa pon boleh
    2. iPhone - it is like in the rage..everybody wants one..but i am still using the same phone that i bought when i got my 6th paycheck..okay ajer...and additional nokia RM99
    3. UK - yaya...tiket gi london return naik airasia can go as low as RM1400 (tax included)..combined RM3000..tapi kalau nak pay a lil bit more....etihad @ KLM offers RM2200 return...but for me airasia was comfortable enough...
    4. Kalau P&P kata tak mampu beli rumah tu, that means dia tak mampu beli rumah banglo lagi la...memilih sungguh...i know some who are like that...
    5. There's a lot you can do with combined RM6k income...trust me...manage your finance perfectly and do your own budgetting..you can afford a house, gi london & oz, and many more....

    ReplyDelete
  2. so sweet. bergenang gak mata aku baca. hehe.

    anyways it may be later, but congrats honey!

    sorry couldnt make it to your wedding. blame it on the job. huhu.

    ehem-ehem, dah ade news? hehe

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mal: Even RM100 means a lot to us lagi nak mencapai ke RM1K+++ lagi ar pening. Kalo nak beli rumah besar sekaligus, memang la tak mampu kan. Ape2 pun kena start small. Jadila seperti Warren Buffet yang pakai keta murah je.

    Ara: Suami aku memang sweet sangat. Ko bile nak kawen? cepat2 sikit, pastu leh tengok anak sape mata lebih sepet :P

    Belum agi ar. sedang berusaha ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. yaya..hari tu i went to perth airasia x flight was RM 600 return + tax ..booked it online 3 weeks before my departure..reasonable right? service, i have no complains..seats are small, but look at the price we are paying...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sab: Murah tu. Slowly. Once we bought a house, cubaan misi ke2 untuk mengajak suami melancong ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. yaya : erkk...bukan korang dah ada rumah ker...incik panjang udah beli kan?????
    i dont know whether my financial advice suits your needs...but this is what i do with my paycheck...
    travel - RM50 per month or RM100
    shopping - RM50 - RM100 per month gak...and i just wait till year end so that i can shop...coz year end sale memang giler weih....cuba bayangkan kalau ko simpan RM50 for the whole year....RM600...and last year i manage to buy lots of things with RM600++...tapi this year sebab aku dah shopping bagai nak giler kat london...so i pass that...hehehhe
    -these are some portions of my paycheck that goes into these two tabungs la...ko tau tak eurotrip aku ari tu aku simpan sejak aku 2nd year kat uni...so it is 6 years savings yang memang totally meant for me to do the eurotrip...and it was worth it (tapi biasa la ramai ajer yg dok cakap kat aku yang aku ni bazir duit gi melancong) wat da heck??
    as for cars....memang just memadai dengan pakai keta yang economical...coz the purpose of having a car is to get you around...unless kalau korang ni memang particular about cars like some of my friends...then....it wont be economical for you lah...

    sabby : airasia kalau wat sale memang boleh go as low as RM450(tax included) return to perth...ari tu waktu H1N1 frenzy the ticket to melbourne went as low as RM350 (tax included) return... airasia to london, seat dia memang as comfortable as any other economy class of other major airlines...cuma takdak makan dengan tv...both can be booked online...and dia punya LCD RM30 for the whole trip....(to London it was 12 hours so it was worth RM30)...and dia turun kat Stansted...which is better than landed kat Heathrow yang giler dengan dia punya security check and all...Stansted easy breezy ajer...

    ReplyDelete
  7. Mal: I do that. Tapi duit dah kurang sebab kahwin n duit hantaran tu lar aku ajak si pjg pergi travel, tapi die nak aku save duit tu. Dia dah ade rumah, tapi kat setapak. ni nak beli rumah dekat tempat kerja. tak larat ulang alik. then aku nak beli 1 rumah jugak atas nama aku sendiri as investment.

    Takpe2, if jumpe tiket murah, aku pasti akan pergi ajak si panjang :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. mr joe tu mmg baik
    aku tau lama dah...

    bertuah ko bersuamikan beliau...
    hehe.hehe..

    ReplyDelete
  9. Dia juga bertuah beristerikan aku yang baik, cermat dan cute ni ;)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...