The big boss said in the meeting last Tuesday, enjoy what you have now for what you always wish for may not be as good as you think it will be and in life, you cant get everything, you get some, you lose some. Nobody's life is perfect... So true isn't it?
I'm a normal person and I sometimes do wish for luxury things I cant afford of. It's good to have lots of money but it's bad to compare your life materially with others richer than you. It makes you feel sangat2 tidak bersyukur with what you have. And you dont say this out loud to your husband, especially to a nice husband like mine. Deep down inside, he'll feel bad for not being able to give everything the wife desires.
Career-wise, I sometimes envy those who got the opportunity to travel overseas, equipped themselves with knowledgeable courses, get acquainted with great people, well known to their bosses, while I am stuck in this office, day in day out and what I did daily is only a teeny-weeny portion that goes out in the PTK exam. Pathetic..
Easier for others to say, "you have to work hard to excel OR to get yourself noticed". Seriously, working in the 2nd biggest Ministry in this country, wow, that's super duper extra hard-work unless you are pretty, a lil bit flirtatious or good at sweet talk, then the chances are slightly higher for people to remember you easily. I want to deny it, but this shit still happens SOMETIMES. (apart from those who excel solely because of their abilities).
My husband always tells me, fame and money aren't everything. When you get some, you will lose some. You have money but you don't have time; you have fame but you lose your private life; you get higher position in work, there comes the bigger responsibilities meaning lesser time with your loved ones.
I have this friend who works in one of the Arab's countries (with a very huge paycheck of course) but only goes back home a few months a year to meet her husband and her mother. I cant imagine what kind of life she has.
Well, she is not me and I am not her.
My family is my most top priority. I slept next to my husband every night, went back to KL every weekend to see my parents n my FIL, talked to my mother on the phone a few times weekly.
Money can't buy time.
Imam Al-Ghazali once said, The most unreachable thing in life is your past time.. Once it's gone, you can never get it back. So spend it wisely.
Whenever I'm having my downtime, feeling that my life is kinda, erm, pathetic compared to others, I will think of my loved ones and all the good things I'm blessed with. Indeed I'm not rich but I am not poor, always, always, remember my niat when I come to work every morning which is to help the country, then I won't feel bad at all...I love my life because it's great, alhamdulillah..

Very touched with this entry. :P
ReplyDeleteWhat can I say more... having money with no one to share with, it feels even worst. I would trade it for some past. To ammend mistakes and reconnect with my loved ones. ehheheheheh
Yaya, u r still a lucky woman :)
Thanx Min :)
ReplyDeleteAh, If only we could turn back time kan? tapi usah dikesal ape yang dah lepas. Yang penting, make the best of what we have now. Tu Wan selalu cakap berkali2 :D
yaya, suka entry ini...dapat mengurangkan sedikit resah dihatiku ini....
ReplyDeletemoney can't buy happiness, but neither can poverty.
ReplyDeletebut money can certainly buy the things that makes you happy. hahahahahaha. you may well deny this, but you do know at some point, it is true! :)
life is all about choices, yaya.
if you work because you want to be famous and get recognition, then you do not deserve the fame and recognition. good things always come unexpectedly and that, it should be given to those who are truly sincere to what they do, rather than who they are.
my two cents.
Hani: Bukan aku sorang la rasa macam ni? hehehehe..
ReplyDeleteMala: tak dinafikan, duit boleh beli barang yang boleh buat kita happy. Tapi kalau duit tak banyak, kene fikir menda lain yang boleh buat kite happy kan.. :D
My niat to work it's not because I want to be famous and get recognition but when I see these 2 things happened to those who don't have to work hard, hati mana yang tidak membara.. Saya manusia biasa.. Baiklah, sepandai2 tupai melompat, satu hari akan jatuh ke tanah juga kan? :)
Thanx dear :)
Enjoying Tokyo? :D
Entry yg baguihh..! Cukup menyentuh perasaann.. especially tang kata2 Imam Al-Ghazali tuee..
ReplyDeleteEmmm.. Cik Senah keja kat sektor swasta.. Apa yg berlaku kat sektor awam.. perkara hat tue jugak lah berlaku kat company yg Cik Senah bekerja..
Cik Senah kerani pentadbiran sajaa.. Tp, Cik Senah "happy" ngan keja nie (walaupun keja menimbun penuh meja..dan tak dak harapan utk surut).
Tunang Cik Senah siap tegur.."Kenapa jd kerani.. meskipun Cik Senah kan ada Diploma..mintak la "up" skit jawatan tue.. rugi katanya.. blajaq sampai Diploma..jd kerani saja.." :) Cik Senah diam jer..ya lah.. mmg jadi kerani (gaji ciput..tp, leh claim o.t!! Jd, pegawai tak ley claim o.t meskipun dok t'conggok depan komputer siapkan report sampai jam 9 mlm..!).
p/s : Ntah lah, yg Cik Senah pikiaq..nak spend time ngan suami & anak2 bila Cik Senah kawen nnt..(insyaallah). Tamau arr umah tangga tunggang langgang semata-mata nak ligan gaji "kencang" (tinggi)!! - sekadar pendapat Cik Senah..harap tak dak yg kecik ati naaa..
yaya, since i'll be living apart from my husband, i guess those who experience long-distance relationship will have to endure that for the time being. luckily i live with my parents and that, at least would lessen the "distant" from my husband.
ReplyDeleteand, it is true, when u gain more, u lose some. risau jugak tp what to do ;)
Hai Cik Senah, terima kasih sebab masih setia membaca blog saya yang tak seberapa ini :)
ReplyDeleteSeperti kawan saya, Mala kata, life's about choices.. Berdoalah semoga pilihan yang kita buat sentiasa diberkati Allah :)
p/s: Bila tu nak kahwin? Mesti sibuk dengan persiapan kan? Good Luck..
Niha: Long distance relationship, there comes the trusting part :) Takpe, bersusah2 dulu, bersenang2 kemudian.. Semoga dugaan yang datang mengukuhkan lagi kasih sayang.. (echeh, ayat kad cinta-cintun ar pulak :)
ReplyDeleteyeah, true. aku serabut la when people would always ask "so nanti pindah ke? duduk jauh takpe ke? sape yang nak pindah?" and etc. last2 aku sengih je cakap "we're working it out".
ReplyDeleteaku belum kawin lg so aku tak pasti how my life would be after getting hitched. it's just i'm giving myself n him some time to build up our career. sape nak tinggal jauh dgn husband kan? :)
Takpe, pelan2 kayuh.. Pengalaman aku, 10bulan pertama tu agak bumpy and windy.. Yang penting, komunikasi dan semestinya doa.. :)
ReplyDelete