Friday, 7 November 2008

Romance, do they last?

It's almost 10 and I haven't touch anything on my desk today.. Ouch..

Anyway, I have finished reading Mitch Albom's, For One More Day and reading another by Nicholas Sparks, Dear John..

Call me a sentimentalist for I used to be a sucker for romance novel. English romance novel. Having sisters 8, 7 and 4 years older, I first started reading Judith McNaught when I was 10 when I saw they were so engrossed with it. Lots of thing I didn't understand that time but I just cont on reading and rereading all over again when I get older.

Then, I was lost in Jeffrey Archer's. I finished reading As the Crow Flies in just 2 days. Lecture notes were put away and time were spent reading Archer's novels that I borrowed from the library.

After Uni years, I noticed that I haven't read much.. Most of the time were spent 'SMS'ing Wan..Hehehe.. Till now..

Mitch Albom's For One More Day is as good as Tuesdays With Morrie. A simple book with deep, strong words that touches your heart. For those who have issues with their mothers, I suggest you read this book. Then you'll realize a mother's sacrifices you have long forgotten..

I always like Nicholas Spark's.. Romance novel written from a man's point of view differs from the usual McNaught's, Steel's, Garwood's, Deveroux's and many others.

Talking about romance and stuff, I was rummaging a box inside my cupboard a few days back. Things from my past, cards, dried flowers, eccentric notes passed during classes, autograph books and this letter I received when I was 14 from a secret admirer.

I was popular in school for being the pure, obedient and excel student. The summary for that is a NERD..haha.. But my clique during that time were from those who were popular-because-they-are-pretty type of people.. Nerd nerd pun, I had a very hunky boyfriend mase tu tau..hehehe..

Therefore it was something bizarre for receiving letter from a secret admirer because I was just a boringplainjane during school years. The words in it were nicely formed that made me terawang2 when I read it..hahaha.. He even wrote "I like u" all over my table and on the blackboard..

The secret admirer asked to meet but I didn't show up. Then everything stopped..

But I still kept his letter for remembrance ;)

Wan never wrote me a love letter. He's a man who doesn't write but he had done and said so many lovely things..

When I was going away for OBS, he waited till the bus was no longer seen.

He surprised me on the morning I was leaving for Tentera Module and waited till the bus left.

He is willing to stroll in the rain to get me things.

He wakes up early everyday because he needs to arrive at my house to pick me up to work.

He sings in the phone to cheer me up..

Surprises me with flowers and gifts..

Concerns when I'm not eating my meal on time because I'll have migraine later..

And yesterday, when I said, "Air bandung ni manis sangat lar"
He replied spontaneously, "Manis lagi gefren abg".. Awwwwwww.....

Nonie said this honeymoon years I'm having now will finally comes to an end, because the guy will no longer bother to do all those things anymore.. Hmmm...

But I have seen couples who remain having romantic relationship even after 20 years of marriage. The hubby calls and texts when they are apart, flourish with cheeky notes and gifts..
I guess, they are the lucky ones.. And that relationship does exist..

~Praying for the best..

3 comments:

  1. I love archer too..:D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous9:35 am

    Definitely Yaya, romance can be last. Having read at your words of Wan, he's not only a lover, but he's a friend. He turned to you whenever you need a shoulder to lean on. Yeah, it is easy to be lured by extravagant outings or gifts.

    However, a man who constantly tries to impress is usually insecure and unable to connect at a deeper level. One day the novelty of getting to know each other will fade and you will be left with each other. What becomes important is how likable your man really is and how honestly you can communicate with each other.

    For me romance can only last if I perceive my partner as a confident and considerate person whom I can trust. He must prove that he cares by his actions, whether he calls just to hear the sound of my voice or makes time for me in his hectic schedule.

    Guessing you've got all that from Wan :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fakhzan: Archer's the best :)

    Anonymous: Yup, love is not just by saying it in words but doing things to show the love he feels in his heart..

    For me, simple thing like giving a wake up call every morning shows that the 1st thing he has in mind is me ;)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...