While I was driving this morning, I heard from the radio that sex education during PLKN will be revised.
Generally, the purpose of sex education is to prevent the increasing case of illegal abortion and abandoning babies in the trash.. However, the community concerns that the education alone won't be enough to prevent all these problems. It will only induce the sex activity among the teenagers without getting preggie.
I learned that particular education from my secondary syllabus. No, my parents never thought me anything about this at all. I was 1st introduced to that thing during Form3's Science subject. It got deeper when I learn Biology.
My Biology teacher even asked the female students to draw the male's reproduction system and vice versa. She showed us condom, the birth control pills, how IUD is done. Tapi takla sampai tahap menyarungkan kondom pada pisang seperti dalam cerita Never Been Kissed ;)
Then it got more complicated when learning Biology during Matrix where I never got an A for that subject. Anyway, for those who don't take Biology for SPM, they still learn that in their SPM's Science subject. I had flipped through the science book and I discovered that Science subject for art students is just a combination of Physics, Chemistry and Biology subjects.
The sex education is already in the syllabus. The male and female reproduction system, how women get preggie, knowing the STDs, ways to control pregnancy, ways to conceive. Everyone learns that. It was just not called Sex Education.
The sad thing about this is, it happens among the Malay, the so-called Muslim..
Nauzubillah hi minzalik..

theory and practical are 2 different things. Remember, in science we must do both. :P
ReplyDeletei learned about sex and stuff from magazines and discussion wif boys. hahahahah it seems that they know better =p
ReplyDeleteoh permata yang hilang helps too! hahahahahah
Pengejar masa: hamboi2..
ReplyDeleteMarmalade: So true.. If Sex Education were to be made as one of SPM's compulsory subject, am sure the guys will get A1 most of them..hehehe