Not that slang wasted.
A friend of mine, graduated in electrical engineer from one of the prestigious Uni in Korea quit his job as the govt engineer recently. He's an electrical engineering graduate and was asked to do civil engineering things. He couldn't cope and the work given were not his passion. So he resigned, currently working with one of the top international microchip companies and so happy with it.
Well, his contract stated, if the govt were unabled to offer him a job * year(s) after he graduated, he is no longer bonded with the contract. But if the job were offered within that * year(s), contractually, he must work with the govt for 4 to 5 years. My contract carries the same clauses, except for the sum of money sponsored of course. So I was kinda shock because I thought overseas scholars should be given more strict clauses. hehehehe
Luckily for him, the govt offered him the job AFTER * year(s) he graduated. So, when he felt he can no longer tahan with it (not doing what he has learned for 4 freaking years), he resigned. The contract was not breached so the govt loses another great person. When I say another, it means, this happens a lot..
It kept me wonder, didn't the "high fliers" there do any research on what particular sector is critical and needs sponsoring so that when these smart people graduate, they will fill in the empty posts needed in the govt sector rather than being asked to do jobs that are not related at all with what they have learned in the univ?
And when these students were sponsored hundred thousands of ringgit each, is * year(s) sufficient enough to bond them?
In the end, the private sectors are at the winning side. They don't have to sponsor anyone but they get all the good brains that were sponsored by our govt..
Bravo!

what government?
ReplyDeletewe are charity! hahahaha.
yup, thanks to "the father and mother" who sponsor him in the first place. If he wants to do electrical while what we really need are civil engineers, why keep on sponsoring? Dah tahu minat budak tu ke situ, we are the cause of the problem.
ReplyDeleteSuh TNB/Petronas/Intel/etc etc sponsor la next time. For me, I am really pissed off for the fact that I did not get scholar for my course (but lucky to get a loan) due to the fact that my course is not popular macam course lain (medic, engine, pharmacy), tapi bila tengok iklan jawatan kosong F41 melambak, what is the point of applying when the prospect of the job is not so good and I still have to pay my studies loan?
So u can see from there, why good talent got wasted along the way.
ehehhehe, bunyi macam tak bersyukur.....tapi this is reality.
tu satu kes..cane plak yg dpt scholar pastu lgsg tak mau balik sini tp keje kat sane...hmm..
ReplyDeletemeh scholar tu bg kat saya yg BERKHIDMAT UNTUK NEGARA ni...;p
some people in you-know-where, to me tak buat research. nak cakap bodoh kang, diorg marah sebab the ones yang bagus je diorg letak kat department tu kan. idiot la senang citer.
ReplyDeleteMala: Oh, I forgot :D
ReplyDeleteMin: Job prospect kena buat lah before bagi sponsorship tu. Ni bersepah2 scholar yang dah graduate takde kerja..
Niza: Tu ar, lebih baik bagi kepada yang betol2 memerlukan :D
Ara: Hahaha, poyo2 je belajar Research Methodology mase DPA tu ek?
I can't blame anyone in this case. It's a loss to the government definitely but it's not a loss as in total loss in my opinion. For as long as that person works in Malaysia, be it in private or public sector he is still contributing to the country. International companies here make money and pay taxes so in an indirect way, if you are still within Malaysian soil, you are helping the country.
ReplyDeleteBerkhidmat untuk negara bukan bermakna harus kerja dengan kerajaan, and those words came from my parents who are both in government. They told me that when I was deciding for career options. There are so many other ways and having been in the private sector for more than 2 years, I can safely confirm this :)
I know I am responsible of handling gas offshore fields that supply 60% of total Peninsula Malaysia's electricity and oil fields for Malaysia's imported crude. My fiance works in a plant where it supplies 60% total oil demand in Malaysia.
So nah, it's not a total loss so to speak :)). And that's my personal opinion only.
Thanx Nawar.. Yes, what you're saying is true.. Love your comments tau tak :)
ReplyDelete