Thursday, 17 March 2011

Budgeting

I started doing my own budgeting since matriculation. Starting that year, my parents no longer provided me with pocket money. I have no choice but to be very particular with my expenses. Matriculation students were given RM1K for 2 semesters from the G. I bought my first ever handphone with that money, hehe. Amazingly, I managed to survive with the money given and still had a small sum that I carried forward during my degree.

Alhamdulillah later I managed to get myself a scholarship. Even though it wasn't much, I'm grateful enough. Then I got myself a stable job immediately after I graduated. A few years after that, I got married.

And marriage means sharing, err, the expenses. Since both of us work in the same scheme, we knew well how much we received every month. Anyway, before we tied the knot, we never actually sat down and detailed out the expenses; what he should pay and which part is mine.

After 19 months, Wan still insists on paying for everything. I can be the take-for-granted wife and let him be but I just couldn't. So we split the expenses accordingly.

I've planned my monthly budget for a year and the important thing is the monthly fixed expenses.


Every month, I tried the best not to overspend and I can only splurge on something else if I have extras after deducting the fixed expenses. Since we are about to strike one of our 2011 plans, we can't help it but to be a bit more strict with the money.

Anyway, we do hope that our family and friends will not misunderstood that when we decline a get together trip, a karaoke session, etc, it's not that we don't want to but our hands are all tied up on the budget.. huhu

3 comments:

  1. kau patut duduk mof :) jadi budget review officer. hihi

    ReplyDelete
  2. duit minyak keta?

    ker tong tong? hehehehheheh.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mala: Pastu mesti banyak benda aku cantas.. hehehe

    Min: Wan bayar jugak.. hehehe

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...