Thursday, 20 November 2008

Am still here, loved and beloved..

No wonder today's date seems so familiar..

A year ago, an accident nearly killed me.. If I wasnt lucky enough and that day was the day I should leave this world, I may have landed just a few feet from the kerb then I was gone..

I wouldnt be lying on my bed, listening to Anuar Zain's songs and typing this entry with a glistening engagement ring on my ring finger..

When you are at the brink of death, even you have only a few seconds to think, everything in your life gushes through your mind like a movie without a sound. People you love, things you've done, memories with the loved ones. Then you'll be wishing for another chance to live or maybe just an opportunity to see the one you love for one last time to tell them how much you love them.

The accident had made me to be more appreciative in life. I can control my temper better now. When I'm getting angry with anyone, I will think what if this is the last time you'll meet that person.

Talking about temper, I always remember this story Ma told me long ago. About a father telling his bad tempered son on how to control his temper. The father gave his son a wooden board and a box of nail.

Everytime the son got angry, the father asked him to embed a nail on the board. But each time he managed to control his temper and apologize, he can pull a nail from the board. Later, the board was fulled with nails. The son realized how many people he had hurt so he's trying to control his temper. Nails on the board were getting lesser each day.

And one day, there was no nail at all. He excitedly showed his father the board. The father asked him to feel the board with his fingers. And the father said, you had hurt people around you when you got angry but later you apologized. However, everytime you got angry, you actually left a scar in their hearts like the holes in the board. (Lebih kurang macma tu lah ceritanya :)

Anyway, life is short. You'll never know when is your time to go.

So love everyone in your life and live the life the way you are asked to, to the fullest.

3 comments:

  1. i have heard of that story before. but as i grow up and learn, i realised that the more you "pretend" everything is ok, the more it is not ok. and rather than being angry to myself for not letting it go, i might as well just let it go. and people just take things for granted sometimes, that they thought you are a nice person and so they would keep on pushing your buttons.

    there is no specific advise on life - like what you should and should not do. because what happens in reality is way harder than just saying things.. right?

    but i believe in trying =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah.. aku ingat lagi dengan detail pasal accident tu masa ko citer tahun lepas.. Gara2 accident tu la ko x dapat gi tapisan keselamatan...
    Anyway... setiap yg berlaku ada hikmahnya.

    p/s: Aku suka cerita yang Ma ko ceritakan tu!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Definitely true Mala.
    Be stern and kind at the right place ;)

    Naz: A'ah, I believe in that. There's always a reason in everything..

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...