Two words to describe my life before I got married.
Not that dull n boring but slightly dull and boring. What am I talking?
Uni life was totally dull and boring. During my 2nd and final year, my hostel was the one outside UKM at Seksyen 1 near the night market.
None of my gang had car. Or bike. We traveled by bus...full of immigrants and getting those weird stares, very uncomfortable. So bus wasn't a good way to travel. Therefore, life back then was going back and forth to classes only. And a few outings to The Mines. I remember having this date with my coursemate watching a chinese movie and a ladies' day out watching Puteri Gunung Ledang.
After Uni, I dreamed of having a happening single working woman life like the one in FRIENDS. Or more logically, the one like Akmal's, Mala's and many others.
...Living with friends, night outings, vacation getaways, late night movies, "knowledge sharing" on weekends.
None. I've never experienced any of those. Maybe a few hang-outs with some girlfriends or series of dates with Joe on weekends. And that was all.
When I received my 1st posting, I was stationed in Putrajaya. I did express my wish to live with some friends near Putrajaya but the idea didn't seem to impress my parents. So, I stayed with the parents, 45km away from my workplace.
...And my parents are kinda conservative.
Unmarried daughters shouldn't be out later than 7pm. I remember Ma giving me a call me each time when I hadn't arrived home after 7pm.
So, if 7pm is considered late, should I mention night outings or late night movies then?
After all, I was so exhausted when I reached home after a 'long' drive from the office.
Date with Joe means, going out at 10am and MUST be home before 3pm. Later after 3 means silent treatment from the mother. Haha. 5-hour dating was considered long enough ok.
We don't have maid. So weekends mean, went to the market, cleaned the house, washed the clothes, tidied the lawn and window shopping with the mother.
Good daughter am I?
Hehehe..
I spent most of my times with my parents at home or watched Astro from dawn till dusk.
Pathetic?
A little bit. heh
I never gave much thought about it. Honestly, during that period of time, I accepted it just the way it was because I was raised that way.
Pa was and still is never a night person. He came home from work at 6pm, we had dinner at 7pm and at 9pm he went to sleep.
Ma never likes going out at night. She said, bad things are more likely to happened during the night. But I guessed, she was just too tired after a long day being a housewife.
And as for me, they were just being protective of their children. They have the right to do so.
Why am I thinking about this now?
It started when I read some of my friends' activities. I do feel a little bit envy because I never had the chance to do all those things.
But now I'm married, I rather spend my night time at home....with my husband. *wink*
I cant turn back time, so the least I can do is make what's the best for now.
Happiness is something you create from within yourself. Just because someone else feels happy doing it, doesn't mean you will too. So, find your own happiness :)

sama je semua kita kak. parents nawal tak suke nawal dok umah sewa. sebab nak dekat dengan anak dia yang nak kawen dah ni. so hari2 dalam keta selama 2 jam. kadang2 2 jam lebeh pergi balik. jam lagiikkk!!!
ReplyDeletetakle kuar memalam. paling lambat haritu pon kol 11. haha tu first time la and last time dating lewat. sebab nak kena jumpe vendor. redah je la, bersusun jadual nak jumpe vendor. kalao tak lagi 2 bulan la baru jumpe.
astro peneman setia. mak taknak maid. ujung minggu is for spring cleaning. so dont wonder la why we take on their behaviour also haha
benda berlaku most of the time for a reason. dan kebanyakkan benda berlaku sbb ia perlu berlaku. dan tuhan dan rencanakan semuanya :D
ReplyDelete" Dalam setiap kesusahan ada kesenangan dan dalam kesenangan ada kesusahan "
takut salah quote... leh rujuk surah al-insyirah
er, i think ever since i studied abroad, my parents kinda knew that it was time for me to "grow up".
ReplyDeleteomg. you think my life is that interesting? it gets pretty tiring at times, you know. i dont really like going out at nights too. depends lah, sometimes.
ada sekali tuh, masa kat uk. we were hanging out kat our friend's house sampai 2-3 pagi. then nak balik hostel. ramai-ramai jalan dalam keheningan pagi dan kesejukan winter. ahahahah. memang masyuk.
now nak jalan? hmmmpphhh.
Nawal: Ahahahaha, mungkinkan kita ini terlalu comel untuk dilepaskan untuk keluar? :D And I'm soooo like my mother.. Mana taknya, spent too much time with her and I'm not saying it is a bad thing :)
ReplyDeleteNuar: Tak merungut, cuma kadang2 sedikit kejelesan ;) Cara kita dibesarkan memang ternyata berbeza2 kan?
Mala: Biasalah manusia. Kita selalu rasa apa yang kita tak dapat tu lebih best :)
OMG sama okeh! memang sebijik ikot mak. cakap pon macam mak. buat muka pon macam mak. work ethic and socially macam ayah. HAHA. aiyark. sometimes its a good thing. sometimes its a bad thing.
ReplyDelete